Re: bcm43xx issues an error message every minute

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 05:42:54PM +0200, Georg Heinrich wrote:

> I get the following error messages about every minute on the console:
>
>     bcm43xx: PHY connected
>     bcm43xx: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load failed
>     bcm43xx: core_up for active 802.11 core failed (-2)
>
> The HW is:
>     Apple PowerBook G4 12" (PowerBook 6,8) 1,5 GHz
>     Airport Extreme, Firmware version 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
>
> What do I have to do to solve the error?
> What can I do to stop those error messages showing up every minute until
> the error is solved?

I'm guessing that you don't have the firmware files installed.  Your
machine is an Apple so things may be different, but with PCs, you
need to extract the firmware from the Windows drivers of the wireless
card (or download extracted firmware from the web).  See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2007/05/msg00055.html

Also, sending the same message to several mailing lists at the same
time is usually not considered good practice.