Still: "AIGLX: Screen 0 not dri capable"

Hello,

I get this error message after startup at the login prompt.

The HW is:
    Apple PowerBook G4 12" (PowerBook 6,8) 1,5 GHz
    NVidia GeForce FX Go5200

I have already tried
    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
and disabled either dri or glx or both, to no avail. X just doesn't
start at the login, with various error messages.

I'm so desperate that I even consider to recompile the xserver-xorg
package and configure it without dri. However I didn't figure out how to
do that. I got the source with
    apt-get source xserver-xorg
and am stuck here.

How do I configure the build of this module?
Is there any other way of fixing this problem?

I don't need dri, I don't even need glx, I just want to have X running
at the login prompt.
Any hint is welcome.
Thanks in advance,

    G. Heinrich