Installing Debian Etch on a Thinkpad T61 [howto]

Hello,

For those who might be interested, i have had the opportunity to test
the new Lenovo (formerly IBM) Thinkpad T61 for a few hours.
I couldn't refrain from installing Debian/Linux i386 on it.
(Configuration : Santa rosa chipset, Nvidia NVP 140M graphics card, a
14" 1440x900 wide-screen ; LAN intel e1000 ; bluetooth).

Note 1:
Graphic chipset (under xorg) : Debian's nv driver doesn't seems to
support this adapter. Neither does Nvidia's proprietary driver, so i had
to use vesa driver. (at the time of writing!)

Note 2:
The ipw3945 module refused to load with this 3945 card.

Hints for buyers:
- Check wether the nvidia or the intel 965 is properly supported (when
you read this)
- Check wireless compatibility (again, when you read this).

My installation notes are available at :
http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/debian/Etch_on_Thinkpad_T61.html