Re: Noob question re Kernel update and iptables

Kernel 2.6.18-4-686
1.  Is there a good link on compiling the kernel?
2.  What is a module?
3.  How do you compile it with iptables?
4.  Is that what I need to do is recompile the kernel?

error:
iptables v1.3.6: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
iptables v1.3.6: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I am in root.. So what is the problem?

Thanks, frank