Re: m-a a-i fglrx-kernel-src and m-a a-i alsa-source failed

On 07/05/07, Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Gérard,
>
> yes, I also tried to compile fglrx-kernel-src with linux 2.6.20: as
> far as I know that package isn't supposed to work with linux 2.6.20,
> but only with linux 2.6.18 (and it's likely the same for the alsa
> source).
>
> You have to downgrade your kernel or use the upstream source code.

You can get replacement packages for Debian out from the upstream installer and install them with "dpkg -i", IIRC with ./installername.run --buildpkg Debian/etch or so. See its help for details.

Just a note. The official Debian package has some modifications wrt
the upstream package, so you won't see a few fixes.

See the contents of the debian/patches/ directory in the source
package of fglrx in experimental.

After that you should be able to install m-a as intended.

--
Regards,
EddyP