Re: Best notebook

On Tue, April 10, 2007 16:48, Michelle Konzack wrote:
[...]
> IBM/Lenovo, any!
>
> I run a TP760ED, TP570, TP600, T20, R40, R42 and T72
> without any problems including the Lucent Winmodems.

How do you do that, Michelle? I have both a TP570 and a TP600
and I never managed to get the sound to work (or the modem, though
that is already irrelevant), and the USB and PCMCIA ports only work
for some things (no wifi card I tried can work for example).

I simply cannot take the time needed to research each issue -- it
usually needs a couple of days at least, and even then not always
leading to success.  There really should be a place to get (even
buy) a CD or DVD for each model that someone has made work to add
the necessary changs to a standard install.  This usually means
recompiled kernels, special drivers, tailoring hotplug and
hibernation systems -- all stuff I scarsely understand.

But any hints on the sound that do not entail more than a couple
of hours of work or any recompiled kernel would be welcome.

FWIW, I have the same audio problem on Dell and on Acer Aspire 1640Z.
--
richard