Etch on a Thinkpad T23

OMG, what a hassle!  But I've got it working now.  Here are my notes
(including some nekkid T23 pictures!)
    http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/

Getting it all to work was so much effort that there must be lots of
other people out there with T23's whose Debian just doesn't work right.
Maybe I should make up a DVD install disk that wipes a T23's hard drive
and installs a system that "just works", the way Debian is supposed to?

I looked around on eBay.  Lots of people are selling generic Etch
install disks for $10, but I can't find anyone selling Etch pre-tuned
for a specific platform, which seems much more valuable.  It took me
about 50 hours to get Debian-on-T23 working; how much is your time
worth?

What do others think?  I suppose it would be less unusual to buy used
T23's, install Debian, then resell them, but I want to avoid those
inventory hassles.