Re: Swap encryption (via LUKS) and Hibernation (disk suspend)

On Friday 04 May 2007 13:25, Gerardo Curiel gcuriel-at-gmail.com |debian_laptop| wrote:
> Right now, just using uswsusp , with a encrypted swap partition, it
> works out of the box :D

This sounds great, thank you.

> The initramfs-tools package contains the needed hooks to unlock the
> encrypted partition with cryptsetup.It works for me.

This is encouraging, because a lot of the search results said otherwise. Good to know that things have improved.

> If you want to use suspend2, you musto to patch and build a new kernel.

I would rather use uswsusp and not patch the kernel.

Right now I have the following two packages installed: hibernate and uswsusp. The hibernate package description says that it supports both suspend2 and /sys/power/state. Am I correct to assume that uswsusp uses neither? I want to make sure "just in case" and because by default the laptop task installs hibernate. The last thing I need is a corrupt partition.

Thank you for the generous replies. They helped a lot!