i have a big problem with my rt2500 pci wireless

I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly.  So i type ifconfig ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux etch i have this problem.
any that help me
please don't tell me that install ndiswrapper.
Descubre Live.com - tu propia página de inicio, personalizada para ver rápidamente todo lo que te interesa en un mismo sitio.