Re: ipw2200 on Gateway 4522 running etch

Wayne Topa wrote:
Jim Moore(j9916moore@bellsouth.net) is reported to have said:
Eddy Petrisor wrote:

Jim Moore wrote:

Good luck with your wireless card!

Thanks for your reply.  Am new to Debian and wasn't aware of the root
terminal.  Once there, I could minipulate the files as needed.

For the benefit of others, where did you end up putting the files?
My ipw firmware files are in /lib/firmware, where I think you said
yours were, and I am not having any problems with them.

Inquiring mind would like to know.

They're in the /lib/firmware folder.  My problem was that when I un-tarred the ipw2200-fw file. it put ipw2200-fw in the /lib/firmware folder.  Inside of it were the sniffer and other files. In essence creating a sub-directory.  I needed to have only the files in /lib/firmware.  Does that make any sense?  If I browsed /lib/firmware, I saw ipw2200-fw[3.0, when I browsed it, it contained the individual files