Re: Searching for a mail client

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 03:20:37PM +0200, Alexandre Neubert wrote:

>    I am looking for a good and leight weight mailing client for my
>    laptop; one constraint however; it has to work without X (because I
>    dont have always access to a graphic interface) and must be as simple
>    to configure as possible. I already had a look at gnus and mutt, but I
>    didn't manage to get access to my gmail account since this one uses
>    ssl encryption (and I didn't manage to make it work).
>    Does anybody knows another mail client? Or does anybody has a simple
>    tutorial for gnus or mutt?

I use mutt w/o ssl, but a quick search on Google turned up
http://mutt.sourceforge.net/imap/README.SSL
The end mentions a few potential issues about troubleshooting.

You should look in /usr/share/doc/mutt/ for mutt documentation.  (I just
noticed that the contents of the link above are there also, in
README.SSL.gz)

Selim T. Erdoğan