Re: Soundcard works for one account but not others

Super advice, thanks to all!

all the best

--cjc

On 15/04/07, Franklin PIAT <franklin@piat.name> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 12:09 +0400, sm00th_trac3r wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 08:49:47AM +0100, Colin Cotter wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >  I have an odd problem with sound on my laptop. It works for my
> > account, but not that of my wife (bad for Linux advocacy :-[ ). For
> > example, her volume control has a red cross on it and says that
> >
> > Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
> Try adding your wife's account to "audio" group.

BTW, The first account created during debian installation is
automatically granted certains "privileges" (i.e added to groups).

So there are other groups that could be useful to your wife..
Under gnome menu Desktop/Administration/Users and Groups.
Select your account, click on properties, then "User Privileges" tab.

Then compare your profile and your wife's one.