[Revised] Network Problem

On 3/12/07, Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com> wrote:
Sometimes, Debian Etch just fails to connect to the access point at my residence.  There's no problem connecting with XP.  Signal strength was around 80% or more.  I had known the Network Selector applet to cause some problems.  It was recently uninstalled - however, still no access.

Any suggestions?

--
"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division

OK.  I tried the wireless at work, and it, well, works.  So, why would XP facilitate access and Debian/Madwifi not?  Obviously, a problem lies with the residential wireless set-up - but, why would it work with XP and not Linux.  Please note: I'm not dissing Debian/Linux in anyway.  My concern is, however, if I can't configure it, Linux/Debian/Wireless, to be reliable, well...  I don't really want to go there.  Please help...
--
"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division