Re: Help! PCMCIA Wifi card freezes system

I don't know if it works on windows - my only laptop runs debian exclusively.

I will try the card on a friend's laptop.

Even if this is a hardware problem, is there any reason it should freeze the kernel?

Thanks,

James Utter

On 07/03/07, Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net> wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:36:37 +1100 James Utter wrote:

> Hi. I bought a Netgear WG511T 108Mbs (cardbus) network card for use
> with my Toshiba Portege 4010, which runs Debian testing, kernel
> 2.6.18-3 (and a custom 2.6.20).
>
> When I plug the card in, my laptop freezes immediately.

Hm, had same symptoms with my wg511t too. Does the system freeze if you
use Windows? Or annother system (a different laptop)? If yes, ask
Netgear for a new one. I got one (even if I thought I was out of
warranty).

> Sometimes the system continues to run as normal if I unplug the card.
> In these cases I get to read the error messages.

Same was here :(

Regards
Evgeni

--