SOLVED: Battery drain during suspend to ram on Thinkpad

Hi list,

This is documented on Thinkwiki already, but it's a bit buried so I thought
I'd bring it to the list's attention:

Many Thinkpad models appear to suspend to ram but actually use as much power
as they do when switched on!

But as of kernel 2.6.18 (e.g. current etch), all you have to do to work around
this is have the radeonfb module loaded.

This works on my T40; for the first time I can suspend a laptop running Debian
so I'm pretty happy.

For more info on this and other ways to reduce power use during S3 suspend,
here's the link to Thinkwiki:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep

Regards,

John