Re: Wireless card

On 1/31/07, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:
Are the wifi settings correct ?
Usually if the Access Point requires the WEP key, the security settings
is set to 'Restricted' and not 'Open'

If you got X running I suggest you install wifi-radar
It saves a lot a headaches (and hair) in configuring wifi networks.

Just apt-get install wifi-radar, and tried my network, with key being
my key, mode Managed, Channel auto, Security restricted, and ip
automatically done by dhcp.  However, it just took forever to stop,
and I suspect it's the same situation as I use dhcpcd -d eth2 which
gives mac address without giving ip address.  Any idea how to fix it?