wifi failed with acer aspire 5102wlmi

Hello,
I succeded to install etch on my laptop, almost all work fine, but I encounter some problems with the wireless card. Atheros.

I found doc and examples on http://madwifi.org/users-guide/
http://www.burghardt.pl/wiki/articles/installing_and_using_debian_on_acer_aspire_5102wlmi
I did all the steps requested, and I can't connect my box on the
internet.
wlanconfig ath0 destroy
wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta
modprobe ath_pci
I edited /etc/network/interfaces.
- iwlist ath0 scan gave me the AP's - iwconfig ath0 ap AP's
- iwconfig ath0 gives all that we need:

ath0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"XXXX" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Bit Rate:36 Mb/s Tx-Power:9 dBm Sensitivity=0/3 Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
         Encryption key:XXXX-XXXX-XX   Security mode:restricted
         Power Management:off
         Link Quality=57/94  Signal level=-38 dBm  Noise level=-95 dBm
         Rx invalid nwid:149041  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
where ESSID, Acess Point, and key are those expected.

When I rebooted the machine I can see:
SIOCADDRT Network is unreachable.
failed to bring up ath0.
What I have missed ?
(my wireless connection works fine with windows ;-))
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Gérard