PCMCIA card 32bit and Sonypi module clash

Hi

I have a Vaio PCG-U1 on which I recently installed Debian Etch with 2.6.18 kernel. I want to use the jogdial for scrolling, but it wont work when I have the PCMCIA wifi card in the slot. Its a madwifi driven PCGA-C300s and its a 32 bit card. If I use a 16bit card, all is fine.

THe symphtom is that when I have the card in the slot, sonypi will spill unknown events for everything I try, jogdial, special keys, etc. The events are always the same:

sonypi: unknown event port1=0xff,port2=0xff

The thing suspicious for me is that the resources get mixed up, or taken away. As I have a very limited Linux knowledge, I wouldnt trust myself, and specially dont know what to do now. What I see in the kernel log is this.

sonypi: Sony Programmable I/O Controller Driver v1.26.
sonypi: detected type2 model, verbose = 0, fnkeyinit = off, camera = off, compat = off, mask = 0xffffffff, use
input = on, acpi = on
sonypi: enabled at irq=11, port1=0x1080, port2=0x1084
sonypi: device allocated minor is 63
input: Sony Vaio Jogdial as /class/input/input0
input: Sony Vaio Keys as /class/input/input1

and

cs: IO port probe 0x100-0x3af: excluding 0x200-0x207 0x220-0x22f 0x330-0x337 0x388-0x38f
cs: IO port probe 0x3e0-0x4ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x820-0x8ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0xc00-0xcf7: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0xa00-0xaff: clean.

It seems that sonypi's ports are not excluded, but again, this is just what I see, and I am not sure about its being right.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Ben