xorg and 1280x800

Quick question: Has anybody here succeeded to get 1280x800 resolution with
a widescreen laptop?  I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z which has, in common
with a few others, this:

0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)

I've seen a lot of comments by googling but failed to get anything better
than 1024x768 with everything stretched out of shape.

This is more or less etch and my xorg.conf has

Section "Device"
  Identifier "Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics
Control
ler"
  Driver "i810"
  Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
  BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier "Widescreen TFT Monitor"
  Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "AspireScreen"
  Device "Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics
Controller"
  Monitor "Widescreen TFT Monitor"
  DefaultDepth 24
  SubSection "Display"