Re: No audio support

Hi,

Matthew Dawson wrote:
>> "Sound server information message:
>> Error while initializing sound driver:
>> device: default can't be opened for playback (No such device)
>> The sound server will continue, using the null output device."

> Check and make sure that you are in the audio group.  In order to access the
> sound device, you have to be in the group.  Run:
> gpasswd -a username audio
> replacing username with any user that you want to be able to play sound.  Then
> logout and login, see if arts gives the same error.  Otherwise it seems alsa
> is working correctly.

My user is in this group and also changed the access rights of the devices
/dev/dsp
/dev/dsp1
/dev/mixer
/dev/mixer1
/dev/rtc
/dev/snd/*

to rwx for owner, group and other. It does not fix the problem.

The reported error message has been displayed only one time, directly
after the first login.

Greetings,
Markus