[SOLVED]: tapping doesn't work in kde-applications

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
I recently upgraded sarge to etch (thinkpad, kde). Suddenly tapping doesn't work any more. I checked control center and it is activated. Now, I realize that tapping works for non-kde applications (eg. firefox, but not konqueror, kate, etc.). Even more funny: it works if I tap on a link in a web page opened by konqueror, but it doesn't work, if I tap on the top menu of konqueror, the task bar or any other kde-application I tried.

According to

Do you have ksynaptics/qsynaptics installed? If so, remove them.

Ah, it seems you have ksynaptics installed. Remove it because currently ksynaptics is incompatible with a new synaptics driver. This should get previous normal behaviour back. When this bug gets closed, feel free to install ksynaptics again.