Re: wpa_supplicant needs to be restarted to associate

Hi,

I want to say that I do not understand how this setup worked before
your kernel upgrade : I noticed a few problems in your setup.

First, you are using both the wpa_supplicant roaming mode initscript
with ifplugd (which has been declared deprecated by the wpa_supplicant
package maintainers) and the wpa-conf/wpa-action stanzas. In roaming
mode, wpa_supplicant is started by init whether using the
/etc/network/interfaces stanzas, it is started by ifup (and by the
auto eth1 stanzas upon boot).
You should choose between the two methods. And now that the
wpa_supplicant packagers have done a very good job reintroducing
roaming mode without the initscript, my advice is to go whith the
second method using the new wpa-roam stanza.
Note that if you choose the second wpa-roam method, ifplugd is not
needed for your wireless interface.

Second, I don't understand why wpa_supplicant and not hotplug should
load your wireless driver. Mine (ipw2200) is loaded upon boot (by udev
I think) and all is well.

Hoping to help,

Alexandre