Re: getting correct time on a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T23)

Am Mittwoch 21 Juni 2006 13:05 schrieb teefour:
> hello martin,
>
> > I also tried openntpd, which didn't even start on my system as well
> > as the full blown ntp server which sort of worked, but then it does
> > not provide . Once I even was desperate enough to just start ntpdate
> > every hour with a cron job.
>
> openntpd works fine here. not just on my thinkpad, but on most servers
> and other machines as well.
> after realizing that chrony did not do what i want i ditched it for
> openntpd and my timekeeping problems were gone.

Hello,

I had it running for several days now... it tells valid sources in syslog
and that it adjusts the time, but still its 2 minute off... I am now
installing ntp-simple for now.

If nothing else helps I go with a cron job that uses ntpdate to the
hardware clock with -set and uses the adjtime feature of it.

Regards,