wireless association problems after upgrade

Hi,

My wireless devices ipw3945 was working well till I updated to kernel
2.6.17 and the ipw3945 driver to version 1.0.5. Now for no reason I can
see the driver won't associate with the access point or if it does
it wont set the default route. However with no change in any
configuration if I muck around after booting by reloading the driver
module or/and restarting wpa_supplicant the wireless does get
configured, even though I can confirm that at boot time the driver does
get loaded and wpa_supplicant does get started.

b thomas