Adjusting Memory on Shared ATI Radeon Mobility 9100 IGP

Greetings, list.

I have a shared memore ATI Radeon Mobility 9100 IGP video card. I should like to know how to increase the shared memory with out ussage of the BIOS, as this latter does not support changing the memory settings for my video card. I had previously suspected that this could be done in Xorg.conf, but have since convinced myself that any change there will only tell X what the card should have: The card itself shan't change.

I have Sid and the latest software associated with Sid.

Perhaps my query might be answered by the installation of the ATI proprietary driver and accompanying console. I tried this and it claimes it has no support for a FireGL card, which I do not possess. Perhaps this is indeed the answer and I've done some thing wrong?

Thanks much.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.