Re: Xorg 7.0 and ATI working!

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 00:19, Bill Wohler wrote:
> 4. dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg STILL doesn't give you a
> configuration file. I determined some workarounds:
>
>   sudo sh -c "readlink /etc/X11/X | md5sum > /var/lib/x11/X.md5sum"
>   sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>   sudo vi /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xorg.postinst
>   # Comment out the following line as well as its matching else and endif.
>   # if [ -z "$UPGRADE" ] || dpkg --compare-versions "$2" le "1:7.0.14";
> then sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

I had the problem too, that dpkg-reconfigure didn't write a new config file.
By chance I found out that you have to use the tool called "dexconf":

:~$ dexconf --help
Usage: dexconf [OPTION ...]
  write an Xorg X server configuration file based on debconf database values
  -h, --help                                 display this usage message and
exit
  -o FILE, --output=FILE                        write configuration file to
FILE
This help message is intended only as a quick reference.  For a description of
the usage of dexconf, see the dexconf(1) manual page.

Could have saved you a lot of work ;-)

Greetings,

   Christian