Re: Hibernation (suspend->disk): Suse,Ubuntu,Debian

Hi

George Hein wrote:

> HW: ThinkPad-T42
>
> Suse 9.3 and 10.0: suspend>ram & >disk OK
> UBUNTU-6.06-dapper: both seem OK, each tested once
> Debian-test and sid, both current >ram OK, ->disk NO-GOOD.
>
> I noticed that DSL and UBUNTU have, in GRUB/menu.lst:
>    "restore=/dev/hdaX"

Never read about option "restore".

> While doc for Debian kernel has:
>    "resume=/dev/hdaX"
> Suse used "resume="

I use with a vanilla kernel with suspend2 kernel-patch:

resume=swap:/dev/hda6

I also use initrd (created with yaird) and kernel-package to build my
kernel for my thinkpad R50p.

I created a installation report on my website (german):
http://www.kai-hildebrandt.de/linux/thinkpad/index.html

Nearly everything works now... :-)

Standby and Hibernate, Thinkpad Keys (all), ACPI, WLAN and cpufreq, etc.

Some thinks should work but I cannot test:

Bluetooth and IrDA, internal modem (kernel module exists, you need the
package sl-modem-daemon (SmartLink))

FYI, Thinkpad and Debian users ;-)
  Kai