Re:

kbeatty@rockcreekisd.net wrote:
my friend has a Compaq Presario 1255, and we just reloaded it with Windows
98 2nd Edition. Now he has no sound, and he has tried everything to get it
to work. We figure that there is a driver that is missing. Is there anyway
that you can tell us what driver we need, and where the heck can we get it
from? I searched, and they tell me that the sound card is a Aureal A3D
Interactive 360 Degree Positional Sound. Thanks for the help.

DOH! this is a _linux_ mail group...

Doesnt that laptop have a recovery CD given with it ? that'll have the drivers you want. IF not, try downloading it from the Compaq site - www.compaq.com

Presario 1255 has 2 models.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/swPfinder?query=presario+1255&tool=softwareCategory&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Compaq Presario 1255 Notebook PC - Has win98 drivers but reports that the sound card is ESS
Compaq Presario SR1255NL Desktop PC - has only WindowsXP drivers.

Ace.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.