ieee80211 package not installable

Thanks to help from the list I am most of the way through getting the iwp2200 wireless chip on my Thinkpad R50e to work. Upgraded my Sarge/Stable to 2.6 kernel and installed everything but:

But I cannot get the ieee80211 package to come in via apt. I have the testing sources (tried various sites) but that package never appears. It is listed on the web directory of packages as testing/net and unstable net.

Is there something different about this package? Like not being just for one architecture? Anyway, any help much appreciated.

David Riggs
Kyoto