Re: ipw2200 monitor mode.

jlbelmonte wrote:
I got my laptop with the compiled driver, the lastest version from ipw2200.sourceforge.net. Every thing does work ok, but i cannot config the card at monitor mode.

rutherford:/home/belmonte# iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
  SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

same thing occurs if i try with mode dos.

Monitor mode it is supposed available in previous versions, what is happening now?

Does anybody knows what is happening, or if is something that i'm passing trought something what i havent seen?

thx

debian roolz

If you want your ipw2200 to work in monitor mode you'll have to uncomment the "monitor-mode" section out in the kernel module. I think you'll find it in drivers/net/wireless/ somewhere in the kernel source. I've got my card working in monitor mode using this method. I'm sure google knows better though.

/Christian