Re: Thinkpad R52 dvd

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 13:56 +1000, Takis Diakoumis wrote:
> ok, dvd movies are working now.
>
> i actually cheated. i have a small 4GB windows partition on the laptop -
> for thinkpad bios and embedded controller updates. i never tried palying
> the dvd on it. anyway, i did, and after some thinking it worked. i can
> only assume, and since reading further into this, that the windows dvd
> player silently ran the regionset for the drive. i read that there is a
> linux region set utility for a dvd drive, so it could be run from there.
>
> anyway, happier chappy now - totem and friends work.
>
> Takis
>

> On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 17:33 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Monday 17 April 2006 16:43, Takis Diakoumis wrote:
> > > the drive reads and writes with no issues. audio cds are fine however
> > > movie dvds are not. data dvd are ok.
> >
> > You may want to check if you have type udf listed for the drive
> > in /etc/fstab. If you do, try removing it.

Takis
I found ages ago a problem with gstreamer and totem not reading dvds,
when I tried totem-xine, worked fine. But you seemed to have fixed it
now so nevermind :)
Cheers
|                                      | Glyn Tebbutt |
| Mail: d3c3it@plasticmongoose.com                    |
| WWW: www.plasitcmongoose.com                        |
| MSN: d3c3it@hotmail.com                             |
| GPG: www.plasticmongoose.com/d3c3it/misc/d3c3it.asc |