Re: Laptop and Distro Recommendations?

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:08:04PM -0400, Muammar Wadih El Khatib Rodriguez wrote:
>>> 2) Are there distros that are easier to get running on a laptop then Debian?
>> Ubuntu...
>
> I'm agree. Ubuntu is easy to get running on a laptop, but debian etch
> is easy too. I have debian etch on my laptop and  it's incredible.
> Debian etch has all new software.

Not sure what the Ubuntu folks know that the Debian ones don't, but my
recent experience has been that Ubuntu is better at installing that Etch....

At least with my most recent attempt on a Fujitsu P7120, Ubuntu installed
fairly easily except for a few post install hardware support issues,
whereas the latest Etch/Testing (downloaded about two days ago) aborted the
install because it failed to auto-detect the CD/DVD drive :-/

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com