Re: how do I stop my processor fan

On Thursday 06 April 2006 16:45, Michael Schurter wrote:
> In laptops its very common to at least dramatically slow down system
> fans when they're not needed.

Yes, but the original poster says the processor temp is 45 degrees. On my
laptop the fan only slows down when it gets below 28 (and speeds up when
it hits 71).

So, I think the first thing he needs to do is to activate some
powermanagement features that will allow the processor to cool down to
that lower limit. Then the fan will probably slow down automatically.