Re: SATA DVD support under 2.6.15

Robert Goley wrote:

>When booted using the options that produced the dmesg output that you
>sent, what is the output of the following commands?
>
>cdrecord -scanbus
>cdrecord dev=ATAPI: -scanbus
>cdrecord dev=ATA: -scanbus

I tired this while trouble shooting yesterday, today I tried while log
in as root :)

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.15-archck3.2
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.33
Using libscg version 'debian-0.8debian2'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial version of libscg (debian-0.8debian2
'@(#)scsitransp.c      1.91 04/06/17 Copyright 1988,1995,2000-2004 J.
Schilling').
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'ATA     ' 'TOSHIBA MK1031GA' 'AA20' Disk
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

The device reported from cdrecord is the Toshiba harddisk as reported by
dmesg and scsi-tools.

Funny, sr0 show's up in /proc/devices. But I still can't mount cd's
after creating a device block.

 but I cannot manually mount devices after created a block device.

Stefan