Re: usb stick and fujitsu biblo lifebook b112

On Thursday 2006-11-23 21:54:47 +0100, Karel de Raat wrote:
> I am trying tob ringn old fujitsu biblo lifebook b112 to life. However, I
> cannot mount my USB stick. It is not present in the mnt directory nor in the
> dev directory. Can anyone help or advise me.

You need a line like this in /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda1		/media/usbstick		vfat,auto	user,noauto	0		0

(Debian usually mount external filesystem in /media).
Then:
mount /dev/sda1

or
mount /media/usbstick

Depending on your automount settings the usbstick might be
automatically mounted.

HTH