Re: ipw2200 sometimes works, mostly not

Micha wrote:
Make sure this accesspoint/router is properly working (e.g., not
grunting under load from casual wardrivers ;) Try to test by joining
a well-known working AP / router @friends and  start
with most simple configuration, no key etc.

I tried with two different access points.

dpkg-buildpackage is in package dpkg-dev

Well, I finally managed to build a debian package for ieee80211, however
it failed to install. Probably I am just not experienced enough to fidle
with package building to replace kernel modules.

I'm not really dependent on wireless and not really convinced that it
will work much better, once I compile kernel and modules from source.

It's just funny that it takes several switching on and off, before it
eventually works. Maybe it's hardware after all.

Johannes