Re: Thunderbird doesn't start after dist-upgrade to unstable

On Oct 30, 4:40 am, "Colin Cotter" <colinjcot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
>   I've just upgraded to unstable (some software we are developing
> requires a recent gcc4) and found upon restarting that Thunderbird
> won't start.
>
> The message I get is:
>
> sh-3.1$ thunderbird
>
> run-mozilla.sh: Cannot execute /usr/lib/icedove/thunderbird-bin.
>
> sh-3.1$ ls /usr/lib/icedove/thunderbird-bin
> ls: /usr/lib/icedove/thunderbird-bin: No such file or directory
>
> Has anybody else seen this?
>
> best wishes
> --Colin
>
> --

Hello Colin,

The reason for this is that Thunderbird has recently been renamed to
Icedove.  You need to uninstall Thunderbird and use the name Icedove
instead.  The program should be the exact same, the only problem is
that Mozilla has restrictive licenses on their logos and brand name use
and are either requiring Debian to use the non-free images with the
names, or change the names.

I hope that this helps,
Kasimir Gabert