Laptop recommendation

I'd like to get a laptop, but don't know where I should look...

It would be really great if it was fully supported by the Linux kernel
(maybe even video acceleration as well?  Is there such a thing?),
without all the annoying fiddling.

Next, I don't know if it is really possible with laptops, but one that
is friendly where hardware replacements are concerned.  Like if the hard
drive or DVD drive goes bad, that it is relatively simple/cheap to
replace them.  In fact, I'd like to find a laptop that is a bit bigger
and heavier and bulkier and whatever in order to get a little bit more
friendliness with hardware and heat problems and whatnot.

Last: are there any laptops with 2 hard drives?

Obviously, I want to run Debian on this laptop.  It'll probably be Etch,
if not the next one (testing after Etch is released).

Perhaps linuxcertified.com is a good place?  Oh, and maybe I should
mention that price is a concern, $3000 seems like a lot to pay for a
laptop...

Thanks lots for your help; I'm new to the laptop arena.