Re: dell inspiron 600m broadcom truemobile wifi in debian sid

L.V.Gandhi a écrit :
I was having sid working wifi. Now I reinstalled sid. Now wifi is not working. I am now finding bcm43xx module is loaded most probably by udev/hal. It creates eth1 wifi device. I have previously made ndiswrapper and it was working wpa-psk key system.
now also

lvgdell600m:/var/log# lsmod|grep ndis
ndiswrapper           163952  0
usbcore               112580  6 ndiswrapper,hci_usb,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd

lvgdell600m:/var/log# ndiswrapper -l
Installed drivers:
bcmwl5          driver installed, hardware present

lvgdell600m:/var/log# cat /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper
alias wlan0 ndiswrapper

but when I try
lvgdell600m:/var/log# iwconfig wlan0 essid MT841
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such device

is it caused by bcm43xx module? if so is it better to remove bcm34xx and work with ndiswrapper.
How to remove bcm43xx

Or work with bcm43xx. If so how to make wpasupplicant work with it. my router is using wpa-psk key for clients.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/ <http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/>

Hi,

The bcm43xx is working nice for me... i have a BCM4306.

The only thing is that you need the firmware from Windows driver.
You have to use fwcutter (there is a debian package) to extract the firmware.
Then place all extracted fw files in /lib/firmware

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume
E-mail: silencer_<at>_free-4ever_<dot>_net