Re: Laptop-Auswahl - Sony?

Hi all.

Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net>:
| Thats why I have a fileserver with 500GB space at home and copy the
| stuff I need to the laptop, when I'm on a tour.

Another idea is to have an external USB drive.
It's a good thing to have, anyway, since 120 GB easily are used up
by multimedia. There are also slim ones around 100 - 200 GB now
that doesn't even need an additional (external) power connection.
I heard of wireless ones, too (bluetooth or LAN).
You can access that from any networked home station.
I'm right now going to set up NFS and Samba, plus syncing with a PC.
(I may start another thread on that later.)
I formatted it fat32, to access it from double-boot. Since there is a ext3
driver for windows, that's no more mandatory it seems.
The idea is not to carry all the precious data in one place me when i'm
on the road. Laptops get stolen ... or in case something breaks, i still
have access. For desktop usage, YMMV.

Greetings,

m°