Strange behaviour of keyboard and xorg

Hello,

I have a new Dell Latitude D620 notebook (Intel Core 2 Duo, nVidia Quadro) and
installed Debian on it. With the normal x.org-driver for nvidia (nv), I can't
get the resolution of 1440x900 working. So I installed the drivers from
nvidia. Compiling it was no problem at all, but I experience some really
strange things - which are making the notebook unusable for normal usage.

*) Often, single keystrokes generate multiple inputs. Even changing the delay
for keyboard repeat doesn't change anything. The problem occurs on the
internal keyboard and on external ones (USB). If I switch back to the
nv-driver, everything is okay with keyboard-input.

*) Sometimes it even happens that I can't make any keyboard input in X. I can
switch to a virtual terminal, but when I switch back I have no keyboard
again. The only solution: log out and in again (using the mouse...).

*) Another strange thing happens with icons on my desktop: if I click on them,
I can see the animation in very slow motion. It takes more than 10 seconds to
open the link/folder. The same is if I click on a folder in konqueror. But if
I open any application directly from the menu, it starts up right away.

*) Switching between X and virtual terminals takes very long (specially when
switching back to X)

Does anyone have similar problems? What can I do to solve it (specially the
multiple keyboard input and the X-problem)?

Thanks for any help,

  Christian