Re: Problems with Intel Dual Core processor

Christian Schuerer wrote:
I've Debian testing/sid installed on a Sony notebook (VGN-SZ1M/B), which has a Intel T2300 dual core processor in it. I'm using the latest 2.6.17-kernel. Unfortunately, only one processor core is recognised. I had Kubuntu 6.06/Dapper installed before (2.6.15-kernel), which recognised both processor cores.

Do I need to load any special modules? Shouldn't the kernel be SMP-capable? How can I get the 2nd core to work?
make sure you are using 2.6.17 kernel that has smp in the name, 'normal' kernels are not smp-capable;

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net