Kernel upgrade problem

hi lists:

I would be grateful if you can share your expertise on the kernel
upgrade of Debian PPC on Apple iBook.

I'm trying to upgrade the kernel from the default 2.6.8 to the latest
(from kernel.org), and I followed the drill using make-kpkg. However,
after the compilation began (i.e.: after "make-kpkg kernel_image") I
was prompted with loads of yes or no questions, since I'm clueless
about most of them I just press enter for default, but the compilation
failed in the end (don't see the .deb file which is supposed to show
up). I wonder if this is normal (to have so many - I think there are
around 100 of them - prompts during the process)? Anyone has
experience on this?

My environment is iBook G3 (late 2001), Debian Sarge.

all the best,

Lawrence