Re: suspend on laptop overheating

Tzafrir Cohen:

> Aug 21 00:02:40 localhost kernel: ACPI: Critical trip point
> Aug 21 00:02:40 localhost kernel: Critical temperature reached (73 C), shutting down.
-- snip
> I would like to change the command it runs to a script that will
> basically run:
>
>   hibernate || shutdown

Hm, I only found section 8 at
<http://www.columbia.edu/~ariel/acpi/acpi_howto.txt>. But his only
describes how you can change the temperature at which your machine shuts
down (if it works at all, didn't test it). This is probably neither what
you want nor what is good for your laptop. But maybe it gives you enough
words to google for.

J.
--
Television advertisements are the apothesis of twentieth century culture.
[Agree]   [Disagree]