Re: Suspend removes /sys files needed for touchpad

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:40:49AM +1000, John O'Hagan wrote:
[...]
> After a resume from ram, these files and devices are missing, and inserting
> psmouse does not create them. All other devices behave normally.

is a full dmesg available somewhere (after the resume from ram and after
re-inserting psmouse)?

> I was trying to write a udev rule to create them, but realized that if the
> files are not there in /sys, that won't work.

yeah, and I suppose the touchpad doesn't show-up in
/proc/bus/input/devices, right?

> So my questions: ?What happens during boot which prompts the kernel to create
> these files? In the case of the touchpad, what is missing after a suspend
> that prevents it? And is there, say, an initscript or service I could restart
> that might restore them? Or any other workaround?

well, unfortunately I don't think it's that easy. If the kernel doesn't
create the device you have no chance to make it work simply creating the
device nodes yourself...

> Any pointers appreciated.

If all the above is correct, I'd say this is a kernel problem and you'd
better report it to the correct people[1] (maybe after trying the latest
and greatest kernel in the hope it's already fixed).

[1]: linux-kernel? linux-acpi? linux-input? linux-pm?
     for full adrersses of these mailing lists see the MAINTAINERS file:
     http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=MAINTAINERS

--
mattia
:wq!