Re: Unresponsive after use of fn button

Hello. I guess I was wrong. Passing in the acpi=off flag still causes
stalling after adjusting brightness. The interesting thing is after
booting from a knoppix cd, it works fine. I guess I'm just going to
have to take apart the knoppix kernel. Thanks for the tip.

Jack

On 7/26/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:59:59 -0700, Jack Nguy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After putting it off as long as I could, and upgrade to 2.6.8 from a
> 2.4.24 kernel causes the use of the fn buttons to render the machine
> useless. I have a Dell X200. After some poking around, it seems to be
> associated with ACPI, although I'm not sure exactly what. The machine
> completely freezes when I try to adjust brightness. Any ideas?

Try to boot with appending the "acpi=off" directive. That should at
least tell you if the problem is really due to acpi.

--
Regards,
          Florian