Re: unneeded pccardd daemon running

pccardd seems to be a kernel process, and is not the same as pcmciautils
stuff.  I assume that it should be removed once you remove the
pccard-related modules.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:09:22 +0800, Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> said:

> lsmod seems to show some wasted stuff... what would be the standard
> procedure for removing wasted modules?

To remove manually, use rmmod.

To avoid them from being loaded automatically... things seem to be
changing a lot in the hotplug/udev world.  The way to do it used to be
to add a file to /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d that just lists the modules.
Now it seems that you should look at /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, and add
a similar file to /etc/modprobe.d/ (although I'm not entirely sure about
that).

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)