Re: [ltp] USB on 390e not working [Solved!]

After some poking around in the Debian bug reports, I came across a
comment about ACPI disabling the USB port's IRQ.  The error message I
saw seemed to be hinting at that.  So, I added both acpi=off and apm=off
to the kernel's commandline and whadda-ya-know, my USB port now works
fine.

I assume that the ACPI in the 390e is quite old and possibly buggy with
the new kernel code.  Since this laptop is going into desktop duty in a
docking station, power management isn't necessary for me so turning it
all off isn't an issue.

My sincere thanks to everyone who replied.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"