Re: networking question : wpa_supplicant, ifplugd and interfaces

B Thomas wrote:

>Hi,
>Thanks once again for all your help.
>
>I did remove the auto line from /etc/networking/interfaces
>It did speed up the boot process, by cutting the time spent
>on dhcp discover.
>
>However very early in the boot process kernel module ipw3945
>does still get loaded but the binary daemon does not get
>started at the same time. Also to get wireless working I
>still need to manually run

I'm not sure which binary daemon you are referring too, but I just let
the hotplug system load the firmware. By the sounds of things, hotplug
is already loading the kernel module. Maybe try copying your firmware
image to: /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware and see what happens.

If you need to tweak the rc files use the update-rc.d utility. It is
much cleaner then manually linking the files.

Stefan