Monitor gamma

Hello!
Is there any way for setting gamma on the LCD that comes with this laptop. I've searched the forum before posting, but didnt find anything.
The graphic card is Savage IX and I have DRI enabled. The laptop is running Debian SID, Xorg 7, and I've tried with KDEs tool for gamma correction, but it doesnt work. I've tried to save values to xorg.conf also, but nothing. So, is there any way for this to work? Enyone succed in this?

Thanks,
Ivan

--
http://www.fsnserbia.org/
Mreža za slobodan softver Srbija

http://www.gnuzilla.info/
GNUzilla - časopis za popularizaciju slobodnog softvera
GNUzilla - Free Software magazine in Serbian

http://www.ubuntu-cs.org/
Zvanični Ubuntu sajt za Srbiju i Crnu Goru
Official Ubuntu site for Serbia and Montenegro

Slobodan softver za slobodno društvo!
Free Software for free society